Supplement of the month: Vitamin D3
- Increased immune support
- Increased bone support
- Healthier teeth
- heart Health
Chiropractic and Infant Ear Infections
The research article provided demonstrates a case where an infant was experiencing recurrent ear infections. After a number of chiropractic treatments, the patient’s symptoms cleared up and the ear infection were gone. Through upper cervical and occiput chiropractic adjustments, the middle ear canal, know as the eustachian tube, is stimulated allowing the middle ear to drain the harmful bacteria that causes the infection.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, “according to many research studies, antibiotics are often not much more effective than the body’s own immune system. And repeated doses of antibiotics can lead to drug-resistant bacteria that scoff at the drugs, while leaving the child screaming in pain.”
Supplement of the month: Isotonix OPC-3
Isotonix OPC-3 is a very powerful antioxidant that everyone should be on.
- Combats free radicals
- Demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity
- Helps maintain health cholesterol levels
- Helps maintain healthy circulation by strengthening capilaries, arteries and veins
- Helps maintain joint flexibility
- Helps promote cardiovascular health
- Promotes health nitric oxide levels
- Supports healthy blood glucose levels
- Promotes sinus comfort
All of these benefiting factors compliment your chiropractic care. If any of the above benefits could help you, this is the supplement that you should be taking.
OPC-3 is a combination of bilberry, grape seed, red wine and pine bark extracts and citrus extract bioflavonoids which are powerful antioxidants. Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are bioflavonoids found in fruits, veggies and tree barks that have been shown to have up to 20 times the strength of vitamin C and 50 times the strength of vitamin E in neutralizing free radicals.
Isotonic, meaning the same pressure, has the same chemical make-up as the body’s blood and plasma. All bodily fluids have a certain concentration of osmotic pressure. In order for OPC to be absorbed, it must be transferred in an isotonic state, which it is. All Isotonix supplements are delivered through an isotonic state allowing maximum absorption in the gut.
Headaches are the number 2 reason why people seek Chiropractic care from a Doctor of Chiropractic. According to the ACA, American Chiropractic Association, 9 out 10 Americans suffer from headaches.
Facts about Headaches:
- Most headaches are caused from misalignment of the cervical spine known as Cervicogenic Headaches.
- Primary headaches account for 95% of the headaches experienced by patients, meaning not from pathology.
- Headaches can be triggered by poor nutritional choices.
- Decreasing the cervical curve can apply pressure on nerves in a fashion other than designed.
- Cervicogenic headaches can be commonly mistaken for as Migraine Headaches.
What to do about headaches?
Most people pop a pill or learn to live with the headache. Why would someone want to cover up a symptom that tells the body that something is wrong. If the pain signal is blocked, the body can potentially make an injury worse. The fact is that most of headache symptoms can be relieved by properly aligning the cervical spine. Only Doctors of Chiropractic are extensively trained in adjusting the cervical spine to alleviate pinched nerves. Stretching and strengthening or rehabilitating soft tissue will not correct misaligned vertebral segments.
Chiropractic is the leading healthcare alternative to alleviating headaches symptoms. Chiropractic Adjustments have repeatedly shown to be a safe and effective form of treatment. With constant correction and training the neck to hold correct patterns, nerve pressure will decrease allowing the body to heal optimally and feel better. When I deliver a chiropractic adjustment to the neck, I know that the body will properly communicate with the brain to allow maximal function and healing capabilities.
Low Back Pain and Chiropractic
Low back pain is one of the leading causes debilitating pain in the country. In 2010, it was the considered the most disabling disorder in the world.
Facts about low back pain:
- 31 million people experience low back pain at one time.
- $50 Billion dollars are spent treating low back pain in one year.
- 2nd most common cause to seek medical attention behind respiratory infections.
- 80% of Americans will experience back pain in their lives.
- Mechanical issues, fractures, cancer, poor posture, stress, injuries are all leading causes of low back pain.
Chiropractic is recognized as one of the leading treatments for low back pain. By directly correcting structure, chiropractic utilizes manual adjustments to:
- Properly align the spine and hips
- Relieve nerve pressure in the low back region
- Allow the brain to complete messages sent through the spinal cord to the peripheral body
- Allow the body to properly send signals to the brain through the spinal cord
- Increase the body’s immune response to fight infection better
- Increase lymph drainage by stimulating the lymph response
- Decrease the formation of arthritis by allowing the body to handle gravitational forces
When Should You Call A Chiropractor Near You?
- Chiropractic is based on preventing an injury to the spine from happening. Subluxations are considered an injury and the body is very good at masking these symptoms of the subluxation until the nerve pressure becomes overwhelming. Even minor subluxations can cut off nerve flow up to 60%.
- Contact a chiropractor:
- Before you feel any symptoms
- When feeling symptoms
- When you notice postural dysfunction
- Forward head posture
- High shoulder on one side
- Leg length discrepancy
- Head tilt
- Inward or outward foot placement
- Difficulty with ranges of motion in the low back, mid back and neck
- When you’re sick
- When you want to feel good